The Aims of Hatherleigh Community Primary School
We want our children to be happy, to be confident and to enjoy coming to school. We want to enable our children to become healthy, active and successful learners with high aspirations, whilst developing tolerance and respect for others in the local and in the wider community.
We will work cooperatively and in collaboration with others
- To nurture and strengthen the desire to learn.
- To create a secure, inclusive, happy environment in which courtesy and consideration for others play an important part.
- To take a personal interest in each pupil’s educational and social progress, developing individual talents and maintaining the highest standards.
- To develop a curriculum which is flexible enough to respond to the needs of pupils of different ages and abilities.
- To offer enriching experiences where children have fun whilst learning new skills.
- To equip all pupils with the working skills that they need to be independent and confident in all aspects of life, promoting self esteem and pride in their own achievements.