Personal, social and health education (PSHE) enables pupils to become effective learners and supports them as they move from childhood through adolescence to become independent young people and effective citizens.
As a school we follow the Scarf programme which is part of Coram Life Education.
At Hatherleigh school we aim to:
* Provide a safe and secure environment where children are seen as individuals, taking responsibility for themselves and others.
* Make learning stimulating and to foster a love of learning through delivering a rich curriculum.
* Have successful integration of all children.
* Provide a happy and supportive learning environment.
* Encourage each child to reach their full potential whilst developing tolerance and respect for all.
* Provide opportunities for children to choose enriching experiences and have fun whilst learning new skills.
* Ensure that all areas of the school are accessible.
14.10.22 There are lots of things that children in Oaks worry about but they all agreed that singing can help make things better. As they have been enjoying singing this half term with Mr Curran, they worked together to write a song. Click the link to hear our version of Don't Worry...Be Happy.
Part of our SCARF learning has been about cooperation, collaboration and team work. In groups they worked together to be a Human machine. This group decided to be a Human Pizza making machine. Can you work out what each 'job' is?
Click the link below
Chestnuts have been thinking about which people are special to us and why.