Personal, social and health education (PSHE) enables pupils to become effective learners and supports them as they move from childhood through adolescence to become independent young people and effective citizens.
At Hatherleigh school we aim to:
* Provide a safe and secure environment where children are seen as individuals, taking responsibility for themselves and others.
* Make learning stimulating and to foster a love of learning through delivering a rich curriculum.
* Have successful integration of all children.
* Provide a happy and supportive learning environment.
* Encourage each child to reach their full potential whilst developing tolerance and respect for all.
* Provide opportunities for children to choose enriching experiences and have fun whilst learning new skills.
* Ensure that all areas of the school are accessible.