Personal, social and health education (PSHE) enables pupils to become effective learners and supports them as they move from childhood through adolescence to become independent young people and effective citizens.
As a school we follow the Scarf programme which is part of Coram Life Education.
At Hatherleigh school we aim to:
* Provide a safe and secure environment where children are seen as individuals, taking responsibility for themselves and others.
* Make learning stimulating and to foster a love of learning through delivering a rich curriculum.
* Have successful integration of all children.
* Provide a happy and supportive learning environment.
* Encourage each child to reach their full potential whilst developing tolerance and respect for all.
* Provide opportunities for children to choose enriching experiences and have fun whilst learning new skills.
* Ensure that all areas of the school are accessible.