Please find below a list of possible things to do in case of a school closure or a prolonged absence from school.
- Regularly listen to your child read and also read to them.
- Go through your child's pink sound book and ensure they know the sounds and tricky words inside. Practise any they are unsure of.
- Write simple sentences and lists.
- Ensure your child is confident with writing their name.
- Ensure your child can confidently count to 20, recognising and ordering the numbers.
- Ask your child 1 more and 1 less/fewer than numbers to 20.
- Look for 3D shapes around your home. Ask your child to describe how many faces/vertices/edges each shape has.
- Rehearse the alphabet and help your child to learn the name of each letter.