Miss Squire here in association with Hatherleigh Primary School. I hope you enjoyed last week’s workshops - International Dance Day is this week so join the rest of the world and get dancing!
This Week’s Links
Here are this week’s links (the warms ups are the same each week and should be done before the main session). For ease I have used abbreviations and so KS1 means school years Reception, 1 and 2, and KS2 means school years 3, 4, 5 and 6.
ALL YEARS - French Link https://youtu.be/P6-YpResj1k
(You might want a notebook and something to write with for French, especially KS2 pupils)
Dance - Key Stage One (for this occasion that includes Reception, plus Year 1 and 2)
KS1 Warm Up: Dance - https://youtu.be/VTK0Pxr6lB4
Week 2: KS1 International Dance Day Special - https://youtu.be/omdseg-j61w
Dance - Key Stage Two (School Years 3, 4, 5 and 6)
KS2 Warm Up: Dance - https://youtu.be/rFx0lqFC3Ms
Week 2: KS2 International Dance Day Special - https://youtu.be/CO7XSwSOk4M
Please make sure that:
1. You have a clear, safe space to dance in (no obstacles, including cables/wires, coffee table corners, expensive ornaments nearby that could be knocked or cause injury).
2. Participants are wearing something that is suitable to dance in, long hair is tied up, and no jewellery. Also sensible footwear, especially if you have a slippery floor.
3. An adult is supervising (or even better, joining in!).
4. Participants are looking after themselves and anyone else joining in. Make sure dancers are being careful with their moves, and stop and rest if needed.
5. Have some water nearby/afterwards.
Best wishes, and take care,