Miss Squire here, and it is my pleasure to announce that I am working in association with Hatherleigh Primary School to bring you some dance workshops at home! It's more important than ever before to find ways of keeping fit and active, and happy and healthy from home, and dance is a great way to do that, so I hope adults and children alike will be taking advantage of this opportunity.
Every Thursday, you will be sent three links, as follows:
- Dance for Reception, 1 and 2
- Dance for Years 3, 4, 5 and 6
- Dancing and Singing French for all school years
How to access the workshops:
Each week, a new link will be sent out to you. All you need to do is click the link, which will take you to YouTube, and then you will be able to do the workshop. New weekly dance workshops will be sent out every Thursday from this week.
Please make sure that:
1. You have a clear, safe space to dance in (no obstacles, including cables/wires, coffee table corners, expensive ornaments nearby that could be knocked or cause injury).
2. Participants are wearing something that is suitable to dance in, long hair is tied up, and no jewellery. Also sensible footwear, especially if you have a slippery floor.
3. An adult is supervising (or even better, joining in!).
Here are two warm ups to get you started!
Enjoy! Best wishes,