Miss Squire here. As you know, it is more important than ever before to find ways of keeping fit and active, and happy and healthy from home. Taking part in these online workshops is a great way to do that, and so I hope adults and children alike will be taking advantage of this opportunity made available to you by Hatherleigh Primary School.
How to access the online workshops:
All you need to do is click the links below, which will take you to this week's sessions (on YouTube), and then you will be able to do the workshops. New workshops will be sent out every week (although the warm ups will be the same). Don't forget, you can always do them gradually, or more than once, perhaps as a morning wake and shake, or as an after home-school club.
Please make sure that:
1. You have a clear, safe space to dance in (no obstacles, including cables/wires, coffee table corners, expensive ornaments nearby that could be knocked or cause injury).
2. Participants are wearing something that is suitable to dance in, long hair is tied up, and no jewellery. Also sensible footwear, especially if you have a slippery floor.
3. An adult is supervising (or even better, joining in!).
4. Participants are looking after themselves and anyone else joining in. Make sure dancers are being careful with their moves, and stop and rest if needed.
5. Have some water nearby/afterwards.
This Week’s Links
Here are this week’s links (the warms ups are the same each week and should be done before the main session). For ease I have used abbreviations and so KS1 means school years Reception, 1 and 2, and KS2 means school years 3, 4, 5 and 6.
Key Stage One (for this occasion that includes Reception, plus Year 1 and 2)
KS1 Warm Up: Dance -
Week 1: KS1 St George’s Special -
Key Stage Two (School Years 3, 4, 5 and 6)
KS2 Warm Up: Dance -
Week 1: KS2 St George’s Special
French (all years)
You might want a notebook and something to write with for French (especially KS2 pupils)
Best wishes, and take care,